Hey, everyone! This week, I had some days where I had to be up and out of the house earlier than usual. It’s pretty near impossible to get my tired body out of bed so that I can have an hour to spare and spend on primping, and once the kids are up, forget it. So, I have to improvise, and by improvise I don’t mean skip makeup entirely. (Luckily, I prefer to wear my hair up, so that takes no time at all!)
In reality, I would rather devote 15 minutes to painting my face (more details below). But I challenged myself to finish a complete makeup look in 5 minutes or less, and I came in at exactly 5 minutes.
- Foundation: 60 seconds
- Under eye concealer: 30 seconds
- Blush and highlighter: 45 seconds total
- Finishing powder: 15 seconds
- Eyeshadow: 45 seconds
- Eyeliner: 20 seconds
- Mascara: 60 seconds
- Eyebrows: 15 seconds
- Lips: 10 seconds
Ta-dahhhhh! Makeup in 5 minutes.
- Foundation: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in shade 5.5
- Under eye concealer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment in Light (Keep it lighter than your foundation.)
- Blush and highlighter: tarte Energy Noir Clay Palette (I used my finger- yes, my finger- to dab the highlighter above my blush line, on temples, under peaks of brows, down the bridge of my nose, and on Cupid’s bow.)
- Finishing powder: NYX Set it & Don’t Fret It Matte Finishing Powder (applied to forehead, t-zone, and under eyes with a fluffy brush)
- Eyeshadow: same palette
used for cheeks- tarte Energy Noir Clay Palette
- Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner in Pitch Black (applied only along top lash lines)
- Brows: NYX Tinted Brow Msacara in Brunette
- Mascara: CoverGirl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara– If you missed which high-end mascara this is a major dupe for, check it out here.
- Lips: Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Pink Nude. I chose this because no extra layers, such as balm or gloss, are required and because it matches my lips, which means it’s foolproof.
- Add brow powder beneath the brow mascara
- Add darker shades of eyeshadow to the corners of my eyes
- Spend more time applying mascara
- Layer a redness-reducing primer underneath my foundation
- Depends on the occasion, but maybe add eyeliner to the bottom lids
- Just spend extra time overall
That’s what’s up in time-saving makeup today. Would you be satisfied with this routine? What are your quick makeup tips? Please comment, follow, and share!